How Can I Lower My Heating Costs?
Western Heating & Air Conditioning offers quality furnace repair and maintenance services to keep your Boise home warm and cozy this winter.
With overnight temperatures plunging below freezing in Southwestern Idaho this month, you already know if your heating system is turning on as needed and functioning reliably.
What may be less apparent is how efficiently your furnace is working. Is it keeping you comfortable while saving you money on gas or electric bills? Or is it working overtime to control the temperature and evenly heat your Boise home?
Are you getting the most out of your furnace?
Lower Your Heating Costs Today
Maintaining your Idaho furnace will pay off big in terms of safety, efficiency, and equipment longevity. It is one of the best things you can do to protect your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) investment. An annual inspection and cleaning can restore your heating system, bolster its efficiency and lessen the chances of an inconvenient breakdown.
Even though cold weather has arrived and the heating season has started, it is not too late to schedule furnace maintenance. Call us at Western Heating & Air Conditioning and start getting more out of your furnace.
Our qualified pros will clean components, lubricate moving parts, and use a 29-point safety inspection and performance test when tuning up your furnace.
Our Blue Ribbon Maintenance Program includes annual heating and cooling system checkups and offers priority service, repair discounts, rebates, warranties, and maintenance reminders. Check out our four-tier program and decide which benefits level is best for your budget.
Keep Air Flowing
Changing your furnace filter regularly also helps to protect your furnace investment. We recommend you inspect the filter monthly during the heating season and replace it when it is dirty, at least every three months.
A dirty, clogged filter obstructs airflow and can cause your furnace to overheat and shut its burners down. A dirty filter also contributes to poor indoor air quality (IAQ). Other ways to maintain good airflow:
- Move drapery and furniture away from heat vents and cold air return vents.
- Schedule air duct cleaning. Our experienced pros at Western Heating & Air Conditioning use a vacuum system and high-pressure air hoses to remove debris, dust, and other matter from your air ducts. The process improves airflow to your HVAC system and enhances indoor air quality.
- Seal and insulate your air ducts to keep heated air from escaping through cracks or holes. Leaky air ducts cause your furnace to work harder, wasting energy and money. Our experts can inspect air ducts during an annual furnace tune-up.
Weatherize and Insulate
Your furnace will struggle to operate efficiently and maintain comfort if your Boise home is poorly insulated, has inadequate caulking around windows, and leaks air.
According to ENERGY STAR®, sealing air leaks and adding insulation will make your home more comfortable, increase energy efficiency, and provide up to a 10 percent savings on your annual energy costs.
Consider making these improvements:
- If you have storm doors with removable screens, be sure you have replaced the screens with windows for winter.
- Caulk around exterior doors and windows.
- Replace worn weatherstripping.
- Add insulation to walls or the attic in your home to keep more heat inside your living space.
- Keep drapes and shades closed at night to help retain heat.